The Lions Club is not just about fundraising and social events, but is, most importantly, a way for members to serve their local community. The Lions motto is encapsulated in the words ‘We Serve’ and this is what we do, for many events and work around the borough.
- Facilitating the annual PSA testing for over 300 men, checking for Prostate Cancer
- Distributing goody bags to elderly residents of the borough
- Marshalling the Christmas Lights Switch on event, on Eastleigh Rec
- Monthly litter sweeps, keeping the borough tidy.
- Helping with the Remembrance Day collections, with the Royal British Legion
- Distributing the Message In A Bottle life savers, to Pharmacies and Surgeries.
- Collecting no longer required spectacles, for third world countries
- Provide additional help at the Hiltingbury School firework display.
- Enabling young carers to have a well-deserved break, at Paulton’s Park.
- Recognising the work young people do in volunteering.
- Supporting the Eastleigh Basics Bank with donations
- Marshalling and traffic control at the Scouts St George’s Day Parade.
- And many other events throughout the year.
It is well documented that volunteers can get what is commonly referred to as a “helper’s high,” volunteering is an addictive activity that benefits both you and others. Studies have further shown that volunteering is associated with decreased stress-levels, lowered blood pressure, and greater overall happiness each day. If this is for you, why not join us?